Pancake Bunny: Discord Review
July 19th — August 2nd
For good reason, MND has dominated the Discord these past two weeks. Tensions ran high here and there, but for the most part we handled it all like champs.
The community was mainly divided into two parties: people frustrated with MND vs people frustrated with people frustrated with MND. If you wish to participate in either Party (or just watch the show), the Discord server is a good place to do it.
Main Points of the Party of People Frustrated with MND -
- WTF is this? Is this a joke?
- Why didn’t I get more?
- Yeah, why didn’t I get more also?
- Where can I stake this?
- Why can’t I stake this?
- Why isn’t this locked?
- Why can people buy & sell this?
- Why is it $16?
- WTF am I supposed to do with this?
- Why don’t I just sell now and buy back before the 1st claim?
Main Points of the Party of People Frustrated with People Frustrated with MND -
- Please read the Medium articles.
- Please understand the Medium articles.
- Please research what you’re investing in before investing in it.
- Please make the choice: buy, sell, or HODL.
- Sell if you dare, but don’t expect to buy back later at the same price.
- Please no more exploits before MND vault launch.
That’s the general summary of the last two weeks.
And now some rough calculations from the community! If the underlying asset prices stay about the same each MND will get you $3–5 on the 1st claim. After that the daily claim — if we’re including the added Polybunny and QBT — might be from $0.05–0.07 per MND.
All of these calculations depend on the security and value of the assets in the ecosystem. We imagine if there is another “incident” that might be the end of all our lovely visions of the future.
MND Suggestions from the Community
The Supermassive Black Hole of Moby Dick
I wrote the title…and then I read the title. I’m keeping the title.
Disclaimer: this is a simplified version of the idea.
So in a perfect world without crashes or exploits the MND Vault could be used to accumulate all kinds of different assets from the Mound Ecosystem. Apt metaphors used by two of our prominent Discordians was seeing the Mound Vault as a “giant whale that won’t sell for two years — the Moby Dick of Defi” or the “Supermassive Black Hole of Tokens” where essentially a percentage of rewards from the vaults around the ecosystem could be channeled into the Mound Vault. These rewards would be stored as different non-claimable “blue-chip” assets for MND holders — like a giant BTC, ETH, and BNB basket of goodies that we could unlock later.
The MND Burn Dragon
In addition to the hoarding of valuable assets for its holders, another thoughtful Discordian pointed that the MND vault could be used for buybacks, burns, and reinvestments.
- Holders could vote to deduct a % of their daily/weekly rewards to buyback and burn MND. Unlike all of these other tokens that are burned with unlimited supply (I’m looking at you CAKE), a burn on a MND fixed supply should lead to serious value boosts, not just the marketing kind.
- Holders could vote to reinvest a % of their daily/weekly rewards into the Maximizer pools for increased returns on their daily claims.
Whales, Holes, Dragons — we have lots of branding to do in the next month or so. Please feel free to come share any thoughts on MND with us in the Discord community — because honestly what else are we gonna do to pass the time? (and don’t say “get a real life” because we officially don’t have those in Defi)
Degen Delight Series
With the market in the green this week, our Crypto Chef was able to afford a slightly more extravagant dish.